Tuesday, December 13, 2011

16 weeks...aka 4months

Today marks 16 weeks. Officially hit 4months...still nothing TOO exciting to report although i suppose that is a good thing.
I decided to weigh myself to keep a record of sorts and I am hanging in strong at only gaining 11lbs so far and no weight gain since my appointment almost 2 weeks ago....so I would just like to say to the doctor that told me i would gain 50+lbs at the rate i was going.... she can suck it bc every pregnancy is different and I really haven't changed my eating habits THAT drastically (maintaining eating essentially what i want when i want). Apparently I just put on most of my weight up front....which i don't see as strange esp since right before i got pregnant i had been dieting and working out like crazy to get ready for hawaii...So I'd say my body was trying to get back to it's "comfy" weight!
As for cravings...seriously, breakfast. In the early weeks i couldn't get enough of eggs benedict (could have contributed to the 10lbs in 10weeks haha) and now for the past 2 weeks i have craved crepes/blintz's and pancakes! For whatever reason I can cook just about anything but i can't nail down soft, fluffy, sweet pancakes. So today, i gave in. Denny's has their new 2-4-6-8 menu...and for $2 (plus 10% military discount) i got 2 pancakes and then came home and made eggs and sausage...YUMMMM!!!
The other night while Sean and I were laying in bed Sean put his hand on my stomach (initially too high...I had to explain that the baby is in my uterus which has not grown above my bellybutton yet... :-D) and i felt TEENY TINY little kicks....everynow and again I think i feel them and then realize they were just gas - but this time they were clear concise and in the same spot on 2 different times within a few minutes of each other. Not a lot of activity since then but as of now the baby is still only the size of an avacado. I anticipate a lot more of that going on in the next few weeks which is exciting.

1 comment: